The BC Bid® e-service ("Service") is offered to you by the Province of British Columbia, and on behalf of B.C. public sector entities that use the BC Bid® service (referred to below as the "Province", or "We" or "Us").
If you register, the Service will send you notifications, via e-mail, of bid opportunities posted in the commodity groups and/ or locations that you select when registering. The e-mail will contain a referring web-link to the updated information. Subject to approval by the Province, you will also be permitted to submit bids electronically to enabled opportunities and may be provided with access to other services.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND, IF YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, THEN PRESS 'I AGREE' AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO PROCEED WITH REGISTRATION. OTHERWISE, PRESS 'I DO NOT AGREE' OR YOUR BROWSER'S 'BACK' BUTTON TO RETURN TO THE BC BID HOME PAGE.
BC BID SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you register to receive information through this Service, you understand and agree that:
1. You are responsible for ensuring that your registration information is complete and accurate, and is kept current.
2. Personal information supplied to register as a BC Bid user (identifying information supplied to obtain a User ID) is collected under the authority of section 26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is necessary for the operation of the BC Bid program.
This personal information will be used to identify BC Bid users and track progress of submissions through the BC Bid system. Personal information supplied in support of a submission (information supplied in the body or text of a submission) and identifying information from a BC Bid user's ID (automatically attached to each submission) will be disclosed to the ministry/agency that posted the opportunity and will be used for management of the submission within that body. Personal information held by BC Bid may also be used by BC Bid staff to contact BC Bid users for the purposes of correcting e-mail routing or other system delivery errors. For more information about how personal information is collected, used and disclosed by the BC Bid system, please contact the BC Bid Help Desk at (250) 387-7301.
3. We retain the copyright on all information made available to you through the Service and the BC Bid® Web site.
4. The Province may post your information online as it relates to your interest in specific bid opportunities.
5. You should not rely on the Service as your exclusive method of learning about bid opportunities or bid updates offered by Us. For example, there may be technical issues that affect the provision of the Service, or variances as to how the Province and public sector entities choose the commodity groups, or locations, they post opportunities to.
6. If you have a valid BC Bid® electronic signature key ("e-Bidding Key") and you are creating an electronic response to a posted opportunity, you will be given three attempts to enter the correct e-Bidding Key sequence. You agree that, if, on the third attempt, the e-Bidding Key is incorrectly entered, the BC Bid system will prohibit you from electronic bidding until such time that your account has been re-activated by the Service. You agree that your organization's primary contact will be responsible for contacting the Service to reinstate a user account that has been suspended for whatever reason.
7. In the event the Service receives an electronic transmission from you that is infected with a virus or other electronic code that, in the sole opinion of the Service is considered harmful to the Service, the Service reserves the right to take action as deemed necessary to disinfect such electronic transmission. The Service will not be liable for any changes that may occur to the electronic transmission submitted by you, including rendering such transmission unreadable, as a result of the disinfecting process.
8. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR THE COMPLETNESS OF THE SERVICE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT ERROR, FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION.
9. NO ACTION MAY BE BROUGHT BY ANY PERSON AGAINST THE PROVINCE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY ANY REASON OR PURPOSE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RELIANCE ON THE FUNCTIONING OF SERVICE.
10. The Province may discontinue the Service without giving you notice.
11. The Province may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by providing notice to you of the amended Terms and Conditions. Continued use of the Service after such notice constitutes your acceptance of the amended Terms and Conditions.
12. The Service is provided only for the purposes described on this Web page and cannot be used for any other purpose.